"Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon you."

Isaiah 60:1

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

The A-MAYES-ING Adventure: College Station to Las Cruces

I took 3,800 pictures during this three and a half week adventure on my DSLR camera.  Yeah.  I know.

I really want to share with people pictures and stories from our trip, but then I get overwhelmed when I think of how I can share everything that happened because SO MUCH happened. And I don't think you want to look at 1,000 pictures even.

So here's how this is going to work.  I'm going to blog each segment of our journey separately and then post a few pictures on Facebook.  You can follow along and experience our journey!

First segment: College Station to Las Cruces.

The first day we drove from College Station to Las Cruces, NM which was about 11 hours.  We left at 9 in the morning and got into Mountain Time zone.  I had imagined the drive on I-10 through West Texas would be flat, dusty and boring.  But I was wrong!  It was hilly with some small mountains!  Scroll through the pictures for the rest of the story!!

Our car was completely packed.  Unpacking and packing our car turned into a jig-saw puzzle over the course of this trip.

West Texas.  Not so flat after all!

See the faint lightning bolt?!  Rollin captured the tail end of a lightning strike!

Mountains?! 

Here we are entering El Paso, TX.  It borders Mexico.

This is not a high quality picture...but that's looking into Mexico.  It looked like a different world.

More mountains!

Finally, we made it to New Mexico.

Night #1 on our trip.

There was a ridge next to our hotel so we climbed it to get this view!

Looking east towards the mountains.

Beautiful.

We had to work on Rollin not pushing his chin up for pictures ;-)  








Heading back down.  We had a pizza sitting in our car we were starving to eat!  


This concludes DAY 1 of our trip!!!


No comments :

Post a Comment