"Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon you."

Isaiah 60:1

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

DIY fabric covered cork board

We have a bulletin board (or cork board) in our spare bedroom above the desk and it's so drab and ugly.  Once day I was on Pinterest and found a craft idea.  I got the idea from here!

First I took my old and boring cork board.

I got a yard of this pretty fabric from Joann Fabric Store.  It was my first time in this store (not including the times when I was younger when I had to go with my mom)!  I got an adhesive spray and sprayed the board and then laid the fabric on top.  I spent some time smoothing the fabric out and making sure there were not any bubbles in the fabric.

Then I got silver thumbtacks from Target and started pushing them in around the border of the cork board.  

I used around 220 thumbtacks.

Lastly, I turned the cork board over and used a hot glue gun to glue the fabric to the back.

The finished product!

 Back on the wall and way more exciting than it used to be!!!


No comments :

Post a Comment