"Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon you."

Isaiah 60:1

Sunday, January 29, 2012

my wife instincts are kicking in

I think my maternal instincts...or maybe WIFE instincts are finally kicking in.  I've recently been inspired to try cooking some new recipes and bake desserts and use some of the bakeware I got when we got married.  Last weekend I made spaghetti squash with sausage.  Yesterday, Rollin was gone in San Antonio support raising and so I did a lot of baking.  First, I made a double layer yellow cake with chocolate frosting for a girls nights I had Friday night, then I made peanut blossoms and marble swirl pound cake!!!

Here's the double layer yellow cake with chocolate frosting.

It's not perfect.

Making peanut blossoms!









Then last night I felt really guilty for baking all of this sweet stuff that I definitely don't want to eat!!!  So I've been giving it away so I'm not tempted to eat too much :)

No comments :

Post a Comment