"Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon you."

Isaiah 60:1

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Holy Spirit, let me feel what You feel

This morning we went to church.  Like always.  The worship was soooooo good!  Every time I'm about to go into church or homegroup I pray, "Holy Spirit, let me feel what You feel and let me see what You see."  I pray this to be more connected to the Spirit so that I can hear him speak more clearly and receive anything prophetic He has for me or for people.

During worship the last song we sang was "With Everything."  Every time I hear this song or sing this song I get a vision of a multitude of people in white robes singing to Jesus....

"After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands [...] Then one of the elders addressed me, saying 'Who are these, clothed in white robes, and from where have they come?'  I said to him, 'Sir, you know.'  And he said to me, 'These are the ones coming out of the great tribulation.  They have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb." (Revelation 7:9-17)

This song is the song I imagine hearing and singing when Jesus returns and we, who endure the tribulation and end times, are caught up with Jesus.  It moves me to tears just thinking of it.

The chorus in the song goes like this: "With everything / With everything / We will shout for Your glory / With everything / With everything / We will shout for Your praise."  When we sang this song in church today and got to this part people actually starting shouting the name "Jesus" and shouting out prayers to him.  The climax of the song is an interlude when the people just sing "Woaahh" and people were shouting out to Jesus.

This has never happened to me before, but I was so moved by hearing so many people in my church shouting out for Jesus with a passionate heart that I started crying with joy.  Really, I was bawling.  I knew at that moment, I was feeling what the Holy Spirit was feeling, He was moved to tears by the passion for Jesus that was in the room.  I was seeing what the Holy Spirit was seeing: a beautiful Bride longing for Jesus.  I could feel how pleased Jesus was and how much he adored our worship to Him.

In that moment, everything fades but Jesus.  Everything that seems important doesn't matter.  It's just Jesus.

This is what I imagine worship will be like when Jesus returns to reign the earth in person and we are with him.  I cannot wait :)

By the way, here's the song I was talking about.  I have a bunch of favorite songs.  But this is THE MOST FAVORITE of my songs.  This song inspires me to endure.  This song inspires me to look to Jesus and to be excited for His return and to eagerly await it and to eagerly PRAY for Him to come back and make everything new.






No comments :

Post a Comment