"Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon you."

Isaiah 60:1

Saturday, March 20, 2010

painting

I discovered that I love to paint. I love crafts. I love creating things. Especially painting on canvases which someday I can hang in my future home with Rollin. Here is my new painting...


Last week I bought three different shades of red: burgundy, true burgundy, and apple spice. As you can see in the painting I used the different shades to create the pattern and texture with the different shades of red. I started from the middle and the brush strokes burst out from there. It's really fun to look at. Then I painted this verse over it. Rollin told me how he wants us to have a lot of scripture hanging in our house...I like that too. My plan is to hang this in the kitchen when Rollin and I get married. The colors of the kitchen stuff we registered for is either red, black, stainless steel, or bamboo-ish. That's why I did the different shades of red with black writing over it. So since this painting is for the kitchen, I wanted to use a special verse that talk about Jesus filling the hungry with good things. I was not really happy with how the writing came out this evening...but I felt like Jesus kept telling me He loved it and was so pleased with me. So even if it's not perfect like how I wanted it, Jesus loves it! I love how if you don't focus on the words you can see the red brush strokes bursting out from the center. It has a cool effect! You can either look at the words or the actually painting.


No comments :

Post a Comment