"Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon you."

Isaiah 60:1

Sunday, March 3, 2013

new curtains

Since we rent an apartment we've had lovely vertical blinds on our larger sliding glass door/window which I have detested.  I've wanted to get curtains to hang but curtain panels are pretty pricey!  They usually range from $25 to $40 per panel (at least the ones I've liked) which is pretty expensive when you need 4 panels plus a curtain rod.  But...I found some!

 Taking down the vertical blinds....yay!

This is why I got curtains.  I love target!  I usually look at their clearance items on a weekly basis because there are some good deals.  This $25 panel was now only $7.50!  So I was able to get my 4 panels and put up the curtains!

 Definitely needed my handy man!

Curtains 

 My living room has more of a blue theme but I started putting items that were gold/brown and so I thought these gold/brown curtains would go nicely with the blue.

 All done!

 Nice and full.



2 comments :

  1. We did the same with our sliding glass door! It's a weird layout but the people who built the 4plex put a sliding glass door in the master bedroom. I couldn't stand the vertical blinds so we put up curtains!

    I love the look, but you're right about needing four panels. We hard to cruise the clearance section too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you get your curtains from Target too?

      Yeah...vertical blinds...ugh...I don't meant to be hating but they really are ugly!

      Delete