"Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon you."

Isaiah 60:1

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

a long overdue update

So it is December 13th and I really haven't blogged AT ALL this semester.  I'm sorry.  I am sitting down with a cup of tea and honey to soothe my sore throat.  Yes, I have a feeling that at the end of every semester (as long as I am a teacher) I will be sick.  During each semester I'm so stressed out over everything I have to do I don't let myself get sick because I can't afford it.  So my immune system holds out and once the semester wraps up my immune system crashes and burns and I get a cold.  So here's a month by month update since August.

August:
We drove back from Colorado and attended our church's staff retreat for about 4 days.  It was energizing to be back in our community and be surrounded by leaders of our church seeking the Lord.  Another perk was the retreat was at Surfside Beach and we stayed right on the beach!  Trust me, I spent a lot of time at the beach :)
















September:

The start of school!  There are a lot of changes going on at my school: new superintendent, new professional development program, a grant for our school to implement changes....a lot of CHANGE.  It has created a lot of stress and pressure.  It's been an adjustment.

October:
My parents came to visit and it was lovely!  Then at the end of October we went to SCW which was amazing!!!




November:

At the beginning of November Rollin went to GCM Staff Training in Orlando and was away for 9 days.  It was really hard and difficult not having my partner with me.  Then we had Thanksgiving Break and spent it with the Mayes!!!  Oh!  I almost forgot!  We ended December but purchasing a Toyota Prius November 28th!!





December:
Finally the end of the semester!   I must confess, though, that I'm not feeling very hopeful for next semester.  I just feel SO burnt out I really have no idea how I'm going to get through next semester.  I need hope from Jesus.  And I know He will give me hope.










No comments :

Post a Comment