"Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD rises upon you."

Isaiah 60:1

Friday, July 15, 2011

"feel My love"



The other day I was sitting on the porch of the admin journaling to the Lord and just writing about how I was feeling. I started writing out all of my fears and anxieties and I realized how much my fears and anxieties have been keeping me in bondage. I have not been free in the love of Jesus. I have been worried.

Then later that evening we were at the LT service singing "How He Loves" and during that song the Lord just spoke to me saying, "You forgot that I love you." Wow. It's so easy to be afraid and anxious when I am not resting in the love of Jesus.

I attached a picture of the sunrise from our hike to Sprague Mountain yesterday. The sun, especially sunrises and sunsets, is the Lord's reminder to me of His love. The reason for that is about three years ago when I was undergoing a huge heart transformation I was at my church's Fall Retreat (2008). The Fall Retreat was a milestone of healing in my heart from a lot of self-worth issues I struggled with...especially that Saturday evening. Sunday morning I woke up early not able to sleep and so I went for a woke. The first thing I saw when I left my cabin was the sunrise...and I felt the Lord say "Feel my love, Rachel." Whenever I see a sunrise or sunset, I am reminded of that phrase He spoke to my heart.

1 comment :

  1. That's so amazing that you had a breakthrough with this and now you are able to freely grow in Christs love! This whole week I've realized this same thing about myself in terms of thinking about my future and things that I will never be in control of. Completely submitting your fears or worries to Him is huge and I'm excited to see God work through them! Praying for you sis:)

    ReplyDelete